The Gold Licence Accreditation scheme is a symbol of quality that members of the public can trust when hiring a caterer. The Gold Licence recognises caterers who achieve satisfactory food safety, professionalism and work standards within in their businesses. The Gold Licence logo and a businesses Gold Licence Number can be used on all promotional material signaling to prospective clients that the business has met the requirements of the Gold Licence Accreditation Board.
- Differentiate your business from competitors
- Demonstrate your high level of professionalism
- Create additional business opportunities
- Access to supporting marketing materials
The Gold Licence Accreditation Board consists of two representatives from Environmental Health Australia, the Food Safety Partnership and the Restaurant & Catering membership base. All Gold Licence applications are submitted to the Accreditation Board for approval. Once approved the Gold Licence is in effect for one year and a renewal application must be submitted each year for approval.
- A satisfactory Health Inspection Report on all commercial kitchens and transport vehicles (must be less than six months old)
- Certificate of currency of workers compensation in the name of the applicant (minimum of $100,000)
- Certificate of currency for public and product liability insurance in the name of applicant (minimum $10 million insurance for each liability)
- Food Safety Program (including details on food transportation) – please contact the association for suggested guidelines
- Background resume of nominated person showing at least five years experience in the hospitality or catering industry and supporting documentation including copies of training qualifications (new applicants only)
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate (applicable in NSW, QLD and VIC only)
To apply for the Gold Licence Caterer Program please download the application form below and return to Restaurant & Catering.
Terms & Conditions
Please download & read the below document before submitting your application to Restaurant & Catering.