NSW Apprenticeship Compact
Did you know that hospitality has the highest growth of any sector? Getting into hospitality at a young age is a great way to learn skills, meet industry leaders and travel the globe. Completing an apprenticeship can also help in the long term also by enabling you to one day potentially opening your own business.
Restaurant & Catering Australia is the peak national body that represents the interests of Australia’s 45000 restaurants, cafes and catering businesses.
Goals and Objectives for the Apprenticeship Compact Project
Goal of the Project
Restaurant & Catering Australia aims for an additional 250 apprenticeship commencements in the hospitality sector to meet the demands of the industry
Register your interest today
Register your interest for this program whether you’re an employee, apprentice or employer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 1300 722 878 or register for Skills Passport at https://skillspassport.net/ .
Objectives for the Apprenticeship Compact Project
- Strengthen employer and community engagement with apprenticeship and training in NSW
- Increase uptake and completion of apprenticeships and traineeship
- Improve and enhance the quality of training being delivered in NSW
- Create more streamline systems and processes both for employers and learners
- Utilise major infrastructure projects to lift the number of apprentices and trainees in NSW
Reinforcing and Promoting Quality Apprenticeship Pathways in Hospitality in NSW
- Implementation of alternative delivery models for apprenticeships or traineeships (link to the attached document)
- Careers information and advice
- Better use of technology to promote or support apprentices and trainees
- Individual workforce development support for businesses, with a focus on training solutions
- Services to support the recruitment and selection of apprentices and trainees
- Promotional activity (aligned with VET repositioning campaign and the Regional Industry and Education Partnerships program)