2017 WA Election Priorities
R&CA has finalised its summary of key election priorities sought by the Government elect ahead of the March state election. The priorities are focused on the key areas of red tape reduction, tax reform, labour and skills and tourism marketing. Key recommendations include:
- Lifting the payroll tax threshold to $1.1 million.
- Amending the Industrial Relations Act 1979 to allow sole traders and partners to apply a flat weekend penalty at the Saturday rate for hospitality workers.
- Committing to no additional public holidays being gazetted in the state.
- Committing to the implementation of Stage 2 recommendations of the review of the Liquor Control Act within the first term of government.
- Expanding alcohol ancillary to a meal provisions to venues with capacity exceeding 120 patrons, provided the provision of meals remains the core focus of the business.
- Supporting payroll tax relief for businesses that hire apprentices.
- Supplementing VET student loans in areas of significant employment demand including Hospitality Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas.
- Significantly increase funding for Tourism Western Australia including specific funding to implement initiatives outlined in Taste 2020.
- Increasing funding for major food events including the Margaret River Gourmet Escape.
View the priorities document below: