This article is sponsored content brought to you by Bega.
Serves 10 Preparation time: 30 minutes. Cooking time: 2¼ hours
60ml olive oil
1.25 kg chuck, gravy or oyster blade steak, cut into 2cm pieces
600g chopped onion
30g crushed garlic
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons cardamom
½ teaspoon cinnamon
500ml beef stock
440g can chickpeas, drained
150g pitted prunes, chopped
150g DAIRYMONT Cream Cheese, chopped
Greens, for serving
Couscous, for serving
Chopped mint, for serving
HEAT a little oil in a large pan and brown beef in batches and set aside. Heat remaining oil in pan and sauté onion until tender. Stir in garlic, spices and sauté until fragrant.
STIR in the VEGEMITE and stock then return the beef to the pan, cover and simmer gently for 1½ hours.
ADD chickpeas and prunes and continue cooking for a further 30 minutes.
STIR through DAIRYMONT Cream Cheese until smooth then serve with greens, couscous and a sprinkling of chopped mint.
- Bega Foods is the new food brand division of Bega Cheese Limited. We’ve joined some of Australia’s finest brands and a team of passionate foodservice experts into one business to service our foodservice customers
- With years of industry knowledge, our foodservice team includes chefs, technical development and manufacturing expertise.
- Our stable of brands includes Vegemite, Bega Peanut Butter, ZoOSh dressings, mayonnaise and condiments and Dairymont range of natural block, sliced and shredded cheeses.
- The Dairymont name is new to Australia but it has built a strong following through our international business for high-function, purpose-built dairy ingredients designed solely for professional use
- Enjoy the versatility and taste of Vegemite, recently awarded the status of Australia’s most iconic brand by Reader’s Digest magazine
- Did you know that Vegemite can be used to add richness and flavour to menu items such as soups, casseroles and curries or boost the richness of gravies and marinades. As a breakfast menu item, it provides B Vitamins for vitality1 to start the day right, and is ideal for vegetarians!
- Bega Peanut Butter is Australia’s favourite2 and is made in Port Melbourne to the same recipe for over 50 years. Bega Peanut Butter is a versatile crowd-pleaser, from winter warming breakfast peanut butter porridge, cookies, cakes, curry and satays!
- The ZoOsh brand offers a quality range of bulk dressings, mayonnaise, mint jelly (made from real mint you can see), fruit chutney, tartare and satay sauces ideal for chip and wedges dipping or as condiments, and our rich BBQ marinade basting sauce made for marinating and adding delicious rich flavour to meat cuts. With no artificial colours or flavours, our range is prepared from the finest quality ingredients.
To find out more, go to begafoodservice.com.au or call 1800 884 886.
1. Vegemite contains vitamins B1, B2, B3 and folate. Enjoy as part of a balanced varied diet and active lifestyle. 2. Nielsen MAT data 3/6/2018.